Sign up with us or your employer and have your check deposited safely and on time.
- Gives immediate access to your paycheck
- Secure and reliable
- Reduces trips to the branch
- Eco-friendly (paperless)
Payroll deduction is a convenient service that we offer to members to assist with money management. You can sign up to have money automatically transferred to any of your accounts or loans as soon as your direct deposit received. This allows members to methodically save money and make loan payments on time, without any hassle.
Courtesy Pay Protection
Overdrafts can be costly mistakes, with some banks charging up to $37.50 per insufficient item, with the possibility of additional charges if your account is negative for more than a few days, and this doesn’t even include the merchant’s fee for a returned check.
At Morehead Community Federal Credit Union we understand that mistakes can happen with your checking account. We want to provide you with a cost efficient way to manage these incidents. MCFCU’s Courtesy Pay Program may cover insufficient funds items, up to your approved limit, for one low fee per covered overdraft transaction. This means, instead of returning a share draft to the merchant because of insufficient funds, the Credit Union may pay your item, saving you the additional merchant collection charges. It also saves you the embarrassment an inadvertent overdraft can cause and helps protect your credit rating.
How does Courtesy Pay work?
Overdrafts on your share draft account, up to a maximum limit of $500 [including the amount of the overdrawn item(s) and the Courtesy Pay fee(s)] may be honored by MCFCU. A $20 fee will be assessed for each item that draws your account negative. You then have up to 20 days to bring the account current, either through a direct deposit, transfer of funds or a deposit at our office.
What if I already have overdraft protection?
If you have established other overdraft protection methods, such as automatic transfer from your other accounts, we will always look to pay any overdraft by that method first before paying your overdraft utilizing Courtesy Pay.
How much does Courtesy Pay cost?
It is free until you use it. Then, a $20.00 Courtesy Pay fee is assessed for each covered overdraft transaction. For example, if you overdraw your account with three items, you will be assessed a fee for each item ($20.00 x 3 items).
How can I access Courtesy Pay?
Overdrafts may be paid utilizing your Courtesy Pay funds up to the limits mentioned above for the following types of transactions:
- Electronic Transactions
- Bill Pay
Do I have to apply for this service?
No. We require no applications or additional signatures. Qualified members are automatically enrolled. If you do not want to be enrolled in Courtesy Pay Protection please notify us in writing.
Courtesy Pay is a way for us to provide a higher level of service to our members by helping protect your account and reputation when an inadvertent overdraft occurs.
Qualifications for Courtesy Pay:
- Your share draft account has been open for 90 days or more
- 18 years of age or older
- No outstanding legal orders, garnishments, execution or levies, including bankruptcy notices on your account
- You have no loans that are more than 20 days delinquent or any loan you have co-signed on is more than 20 days delinquent
- A Telecheck or any other negative indicator is not present
- Your account is not classified as dormant
- Your account is not a fiduciary trust or escrow account
- You have not contacted us in writing to be removed from our Courtesy Pay Program
- If you meet all the criteria listed above, we may still remove the privilege if we believe you are not managing your account in a responsible manner which may harm you or us
Call Us for More Information
We are happy to review Courtesy Pay and its features with you, along with giving you other options to add convenience and ease to your account. Please call us at 606-784-2201.
Courtesy Pay Information
- Courtesy Pay is a service that allows us to pay an item presented against your checking account even if it causes the account to become overdrawn.
- Courtesy Pay may provide certain account holders in “good standing” with the ability to overdraw their checking account up to $500. The Courtesy Pay limit includes any overdraft fees assessed.
- This non-contractual courtesy of paying overdrafts requires no account holder action. No additional agreements need to be signed, and it costs nothing unless the privilege is used – by initiating checks, electronic funds transfers, or other payment or withdrawal requests for more than is on deposit in the account. If you maintain the account in good standing and have need for this “courtesy”, we may, at our sole discretion, pay the item(s) up to the authorized limit, and we will charge the account our normal Non-Sufficient Funds or Courtesy Pay charge for each item that overdraws the account. We will send you a notice each time an overdraft occurs.
- Although you are not charged for using Courtesy Pay unless you have an overdraft, you may opt-out of Courtesy Pay at any time. If you do not want us to pay your overdrafts, you must notify us in writing (“opt-out”). If you receive a direct deposit social security or other federal benefit check, you must opt-out if you do not want us to apply those funds to repay an overdraft.
- Additional information is found in your account agreement. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to call us at 606-784-2201.
Before you visit the dealer, know how much you qualify for.
- Eliminates the expense and pressure of dealer financing
- You will not have to sacrifice dealer rebates and/or discounts
- No cost for pre-approval
Twice per year we offer members the opportunity to skip a loan payment.
- Great way to save or catch up on bills
- Auto, signature, and share secured are eligible
- See application for more details
Visa Gift Cards
This year give everyone the perfect gift, no matter what the occasion.
- Available for $3.00
- Purchase any value from $10.00 to $1,000.00
Free notary service available
- Fast and safe transfer of funds to another institution
- Fee is only $15.00 to a US location, $40.00 to wire internationally
- Free to receive
- Wire Transfer Form
Get exclusive discounts from companies like GM, Sprint, and more!
Free Credit Report
Visit www.annualcreditreport.com for your free credit report!